- CRPNBC OFFICE CLOSURE:
The office will be closed ALL DAY Tues June 4, 2013 for a Strategic Planning Meeting.
- CRPNBC ANNUAL EDUCATION DAY, JUNE 7, 2013, 7:30am – 4:00pm, COAST CAPRI HOTEL, KELOWNA, BC
Click here for more information.
- DIETICIANS’ AUTHORITY TO RECOMMEND VITAMINS AND MINERALS FOR THERAPEUTIC DIETS (April 2, 2013): When recommended by a dietician as part of a therapeutic diet, pharmacists may release Schedule III and unscheduled drugs and nurses may administer them. Click here for the full joint statement issued by the Colleges of Dieticians, LPNs, Pharmacists, RNs and RPNs.
- 2013 AGM AND EDUCATION DAY – WHAT’S TRENDING NOW?: The AGM will be a wine & cheese format taking place in Kelowna on the evening of June 6, followed by the annual Education Day on Friday, June 7. Program topics for the Education Day are: scope of practice, social media, consent, and dialectical behaviour therapy. A chartered bus will leave from lower mainland on June 6, returning June 7. For full details, click here.
- 2013 AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE: Take this opportunity to nominate a fellow RPN who has provided outstanding contributions to psychiatric nursing and is an exemplary role model or mentor to peers. The awards will be presented at the AGM in Kelowna on June 6. Click here for the nomination criteria. Click here for the nomination form.
- 2013 WORLD CONGRESS FOR PSYCHIATRIC NURSES (January 21, 2013): The Congress will take place in Winnipeg May 2-4, 2013. Registration is now open and early bird deadline is February 1, 2013. For more information, click here.
- NEW SHARED PRACTICE STANDARD ON BOUNDARIES IN THE NURSE-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP (December 20, 2012)
In collaboration with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of B.C. and the College of Registered Nurses of B.C., we are pleased to announce the publication of our first shared Practice Standard, Boundaries in the Nurse-Client Relationship. This joint Practice Standard is evidence of the shared values of nurses from all professional designations. Click here for the document.
- MINISTRY PROPOSES NEW REGULATIONS AFFECTING RPN PRACTICE (October 22, 2012): The Ministry of Health has proposed a new Nurses (Registered Psychiatric) Regulation to define the RPN scope of practice and the restricted activities RPNs may perform. The proposed Regulation can be found here.
The Ministry is also proposing the following regulation changes under the Health Professions Act to implement the shared scope of practice/restricted activities regulatory model for the three nursing professions:
– Repeal and replacement of the Nurses (Licensed Practical) Regulation
– Consequential amendments to the Nurses (Registered) and Nurse Practitioners Regulation.
The proposed regulation for the LPNs can be found here.
The proposed amendments to the regulation for the RNs and NPs can be found here.
A table comparing the proposed regulations for the three nursing professions can be found here.
- The CRPNBC submissions commenting on the proposed Regulation can be found here.
- SEPTEMBER 2012 IMMUNIZATION UPDATE: Influenza season is coming up and RPNs can participate in the flu immunization clinics with successful completion. Please review this document 2011 Immunization Update for RPNs. Note: RPNs can immunize for ages 4 years and older.To begin the process of taking the online immunization course, please review A Guide to Access the Online Immunization Course for Registered Nures & RPNs. After reviewing the guide you can log on at www.bccdcLearning.cato register for the course:
1. The updated access code is bccdc099.
2. Pass mark is 100% and you will get a certificate of completion.
3. You print your electronic certificate of completion for your employer.Please contact the CRPNBC Practice Consultant if you have any questions at 604-931-5200 x23.
- The CRPNBC Board of Directors has approved a NEW 3 YEAR STRATEGIC PLAN (September 14, 2011) for the College. Click here to view.
- About CRPNBC
- Public Protection
- Interim Registration
- International Applicants
- Interprovincial Mobility
- Registration Examination
- Registration Types and Statuses
- Fee Schedule
- Criminal Record Check FAQ
- Practice Support
- Standards of Practice, Code of Ethics & Competencies
- Scope Of Practice
- Continuing Competence Program
- Professional Development Resources
- Position Statements, Standards and Reports
- Health and Safety
- Workplace Representatives
- CRPNBC Awards of Excellence
- Practice Concerns
- Canadian Journal of Psychiatric Nursing Research, Issue 2
- Resources and Publications
- Bank Account Info Change Form
- Change Information
- Continuing Competence Self-Assessment Form
- Credit Card Payment Form
- Criminal Record Check Consent Form
- Non-Practicing Undertaking
- Preauthorized Payment Enrollment Form
- Registration Renewal Form
- Requesting Registration Form
- Salary Replacement Form
- Volunteer Expense Claim Form
#307 - 2502 St. Johns St
Port Moody, BC
Canada V3H 2B4
Toll Free: 1-800-565-2505
Office HoursM-F, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Closed statutory holidays and
between Christmas and New Year.
e-Communicatore-Communicator (May 2013)
click to download