Upcoming Educational Opportunities
Unless specifically stated, the CRPNBC does not endorse or recommend any of the events, conferences or workshops listed below; they are posted for information only, and we make no representations as to their quality or content. To request a posting of an educational event, click HERE.
CRPNBC Annual Education Day, June 7, 2013, 7:30am – 4:00pm, Coast Capri Hotel, Kelowna, BC
Click here for more information.
14th Canadian Collaborative Mental Health Care Conference
Registration is Now Open !
Registration is now open for the 14th Canadian Collaborative Mental Healthcare Conference taking place in the exciting city of Montreal, Quebec on June 27th & 28th, 2013. To register online, please click here.
For other ways to register, please visit the shared care website at www.shared-care.ca. Please note that the early bird registration deadline is Monday, April 29th, 2013.
Registration costs are as follows:
Early bird (before April 29, 2013): $450.00
Regular (on or after April 29, 2013): $495.00
For more info click here
UBC M.Ed. in Counselling Psychology
Okanagan Cohort Program (CP13)
A three-year, part-time cohort program for working professionals, beginning January 2014. Learn more at our April information sessions.
- Are you interested in:
- Helping students overcome obstacles and develop strategies to live up to their highest potential?
- Helping your school district respond to the growing need for School Counsellors?
- Advancing your career by completing UBC’s internationally recognized 48-credit M.Ed. program?
- Participating in a program that incorporates small-group clinical experience (one day or evening per week during the second year) in addition to a practicum experience?
- Building relationships and interacting with colleagues as part of a community of learners?
When this program is completed you will be able to work with a variety of issues concerning adults and adolescents as well as keeping current with ethical issues in the field of counselling psychology.
Thursday, April 11 | 4:00 p.m.–5:30 p.m.
UBC Okanagan Campus | Map
3333 University Way
Engineering, Management & Education Building
Innovative Learning Centre (EME 1123)
Thursday, April 11 | 7:00 p.m.–8:30 p.m.
W.L. Seaton Secondary School | Map
2701 – 41 Avenue
Friday, April 12 | 4:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
Skaha Lake Middle School | Map
110 Green Avenue
You may apply for this program before completing the “Basic Interviewing Skills (CNPS 362)” pre-requisite. This course will be offered in the Okanagan in the summer of 2013 to accommodate applicants who have not met this requirement. Further details are available on the CP13 program website.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 31, 2013
Help promote the program. Download and share the brochure.
- 2013 AGM and Education Day – What’s Trending Now?: The AGM will be a wine & cheese format taking place in Kelowna on the evening of June 6, followed by the annual Education Day on Friday, June 7. Program topics for the Education Day are: scope of practice, social media, consent, and dialectical behaviour therapy. A chartered bus will leave from lower mainland on June 6, returning June 7. For full details, click here.
- N E A R R
NURSING EDUCATION AND RESEARCH ROUNDS
Health Literacy: Key to Better Care
Date: Thursday, March 28, 2013
Time: 2:00 – 3:00 PM
Venue:New Lecture Theatre – Providence Bldg., St. Paul’s Hospital (speaker present) and via webinar.
Click here for details.
- April 15-16, 2013: National Elder Law Conference, Toronto, ON. Societal and Policy Issues Affecting the Older Adult. click here for details.
- APRIL 25 AND 26, 2013 7th ANNUAL RISK AND RECOVERY FORENSIC CONFERENCE, TORONTO
A Conference for Professionals Working in: Mental Health, Probation and Parole , Corrections , Legal Services, Police.
For more information- www.riskandrecoveryconference.com
Click here for event brochure
- May 2-4, 2013: RPNC World Congress for Psychiatric Nurses, Winnipeg, Manitoba – Earlybird registration begins January 1, 2013 – see http://worldcongress.rpnc.ca/.
- May 24,2013: A One Day Conference Focussed on Addictions and the Workplace
On-line registration is now open-space is limited.
Click here for details
- The Manitoba Schizophrenia Society will be hosting the 2013 Schizophrenia Society of Canada National Conference this coming September 9, 10, 11, 2013.
With the theme of: “Being, Belonging, and Becoming: Social Inclusion in an Age of Diversity.”
The conference website is now live! You can view it at: www.sscnationalconference2013.ca
- About CRPNBC
- Public Protection
- International Applicants
- Interprovincial Mobility
- Registration Examination
- Registration Types and Statuses
- Fee Schedule
- Criminal Record Check FAQ
- Practice Support
- Standards of Practice, Code of Ethics & Competencies
- Scope Of Practice
- Continuing Competence Program
- Professional Development Resources
- Position Statements, Standards and Reports
- Health and Safety
- Workplace Representatives
- CRPNBC Awards of Excellence
- Practice Concerns
- Canadian Journal of Psychiatric Nursing Research, Issue 2
- Resources and Publications
- Bank Account Info Change Form
- Change Information
- Continuing Competence Self-Assessment Form
- Credit Card Payment Form
- Criminal Record Check Consent Form
- Interim Registration Form
- Non-Practicing Undertaking
- Preauthorized Payment Enrollment Form
- Registration Renewal Form
- Requesting Registration Form
- Salary Replacement Form
- Volunteer Expense Claim Form