The College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of British Columbia (the CRPNBC/we/us/our) is the regulatory organization mandated by the Health Professions Act of B.C. to protect the public by regulating Registered Psychiatric Nurses in B.C. to be safe, competent and ethical. We approve educational requirements, regulate entry to practice, set standards of practice, promote continuing competence in our registrants, and intervene when practice is unacceptable to maintain public trust in the profession.
Commitment to Protection of Privacy
The CRPNBC is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals visiting our website. We collect, use and disclose personal information only (a) to further the purposes of the CRPNBC, and (b) in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act of B.C. or other applicable legislation. Any page on our website that asks you for personal information is highly secure, using encryption technology.
Personal Information Collection and Use
We do not collect information through our website that personally identifies individuals except when they provide such specific information voluntarily. In such cases, we may collect, store and use such information in the same manner as we do other correspondence sent to us.
Personal information will only be used by authorized staff to fulfill the purpose for which it was originally collected, or for a use consistent with that purpose, unless you expressly consent otherwise. We do not disclose your information to other public bodies or individuals except as authorized by law or with your consent. The CRPNBC does not and will not sell any personal information to third parties for marketing or any other commercial purposes.
The CRPNBC may, from time to time, collect traffic information regarding users’ sessions, while the users remain anonymous, to permit statistical analyses of users’ behaviour (for the purpose of improving the design of the website). Only aggregated data from these analyses, not individual data will be used for this purpose. The CRPNBC will not seek to match Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to identifiable individuals, unless the user is engaged in illegal behaviour.
- About CRPNBC
- Public Protection
- International Applicants
- Interprovincial Mobility
- Registration Examination
- Registration Types and Statuses
- Fee Schedule
- Criminal Record Check FAQ
- Practice Support
- Standards of Practice, Code of Ethics & Competencies
- Scope Of Practice
- Continuing Competence Program
- Professional Development Resources
- Position Statements, Standards and Reports
- Health and Safety
- Workplace Representatives
- CRPNBC Awards of Excellence
- Practice Concerns
- Canadian Journal of Psychiatric Nursing Research, Issue 2
- Resources and Publications
- Bank Account Info Change Form
- Change Information
- Continuing Competence Self-Assessment Form
- Credit Card Payment Form
- Criminal Record Check Consent Form
- Interim Registration Form
- Non-Practicing Undertaking
- Preauthorized Payment Enrollment Form
- Registration Renewal Form
- Requesting Registration Form
- Salary Replacement Form
- Volunteer Expense Claim Form