Health Professions Review Board
The Health Professions Review Board (HPRB) is an independent, quasi-judicial, administrative tribunal established under the Health Professions Act. The HPRB provides provide an independent and impartial review of:
- Certain registration decisions made by a BC Health Regulator (which includes CRPNBC);
- Delays on the part of a health regulator’s Inquiry Committee to dispose of a complaint or to conduct an investigation within the time required; or
- Dispositions of complaints made by an Inquiry Committee.
After a review, the HPRB may, by order:
- Confirm CRPNBC’s registration decision, or a disposition of a complaint by CRPNBC’s Inquiry Committee;
- Direct the CRPNBC Registration or Inquiry Committee to make a decision or disposition that could have been made by the Registration Committee or the Inquiry Committee; or
- Send the matter back to the Registration or Inquiry Committee for reconsideration with directions.
Learn more about the HPRB’s process for review and how to request a review.