Professional Development Resources
BC has 6 health authorities and within each health authority there are educational resources available to staff – if you are employed by a health authority, please check your health authority intranet for the link and see what courses interest you.
Your employer may have seminars, meetings and sessions that do not come under the course catalogue or learning hub – watch your site’s bulletin boards, health authority newsletters and other means of information distribution for other learning opportunities.
Putting forward a proposal to present at rounds or other forums is an excellent way to share your knowledge with your colleagues and other staff in your organization.
ONLINE RESOURCES & TOOLS
- The Learning Nurse Resource Network: Assessment & Learning Resources for Nurses – free tools, quizzes, newsletters – see the Nurses’ Professional Development Center.
- The Critical Thinking Community – Nursing & Health Care – critical thinking concepts and tools.
- The Institute for Safe Medication Practices Canada (ISMP Canada) occasionally offers webinars and other educational opportunities – click ISMP Education for details.
- Information on Medication: SafeMedicationUse.ca
- CATIE Canada’s source for HIV and hepatitis C information – HIV in Canada: A Primer for Service Providers
- Best Practice Guideline for Accommodating and Managing Behavioural and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia in Residential Care
JOURNALS & PUBLICATIONS