CRPNBC Practice Standards
Practice Standards set out baseline requirements for specific aspects of Registered Psychiatric Nurses’ practice. They interact with other requirements such as the CRPNBC Code of Ethics, all the CRPNBC Standards of Practice, the CRPNBC Bylaws and relevant legislation.
The scope of practice standard: Autonomous Scope of Practice and Client-specific Orders support each practice standard and outline the requirements for RPNs when they are acting within autonomous scope of practice, acting on client-specific orders and giving client-specific orders.
- Appropriate Use of Title (PDF)
- Boundaries (PDF) *
- Conflict of Interest (PDF) *
- Consent (PDF)
- Documentation (PDF)
- Dispensing Medication (PDF) *
- Duty to Provide Care (PDF)
- Duty to Report Under the Health Professions Act (PDF)
- Employed Student Registrants (PDF)
- Medication Administration (PDF) *
- Privacy and Confidentiality (PDF)
- Regulatory Supervision of Psychiatric Nursing Student Activities (PDF)
- Scope of practice standard: Autonomous Scope of Practice and Client-specific Orders
* Please note that the Boundaries, Conflict of Interest, Dispensing Medication and Medication Administration practice standards have not yet been updated to align with new scope of practice standard Autonomous Scope of Practice and Client-specific Orders. For example, the practice standards may still reference the previous Acting with an Order and Acting Without an Order practice standards. Until such time, please refer to and follow the new scope of practice standard Autonomous Scope of Practice and Client-specific Orders.